Nest & Fledge Mix
- Do you love baby birds?
- Do you want to help them grow strong and colourful?
- Do you want to see them a success?
- Do you want to see them safer in the nest?
We asked ourselves the same questions over the last few years when they started to appear in our garden and decided it was a big fat YES to all of them.
We scratched our heads for a while and discussed how to achieve all these things and that's when Nest and Fledge was born (or at least the egg were laid).
Our Fledgling Mix is unique to The Garden Crowd. We have developed a mix which is nutritional, soft and perfect for both nesting birds and juveniles to eat.
Why is it great?
- It is nutrient rich and packed with flavours the little ones love
- It has blue maw which keeps the fledges calm and happy in the nest - less stressed parents & less chance of being attacked!
- It gives them lots of rich oils and proteins which will help them to grow up more colourful and healthier
- Better food = better lives, better songs and better chances of finding their own love later in life!
- It has lots of fat to help them grow and grow quicker - which makes them safer!
- It's soft and there is little chance of choking
- It is wheat and filler free so you know the little ones are getting all the goodness they need without the additives!
Our mixes are made from a variety of different ingredients including:
- Blue Maw - unique to our mixes, this nutritious poppy seed is fantastic for fledges and keeps them calm meaning they are less likely to be preyed on in the nest!
- Pinhead Oatmeal - offers lots of protein and fats which is perfect for growing fledglings.
- Canary Seed - rich in oils and vitamins which help with feather growth
- Sunflower Hearts - packed with protein & fats
- Mealworm Suet Pellets - soft, delicious and great for little birds (they're also a really high-quality suet from the UK).
Our Fledgling mix is small and soft making it easy to digest but packed full of nutrients, vitamins and tasting stuff!
All our blends are made in our sheds in Derbyshire, UK and mixed by hand. We are an independent, small and British brand. Our bags are recyclable and not plastic so there is no waste!
How to feed:
These blend is perfect for use in Suet/Peanut feeders and on trays and will be loved by many fledglings including Robins, Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, Nuthatches, Long-tailed Tits and more.
Size & Delivery
- Choose from the right size for your garden birds - this seed comes in 1kg & 5kg bags
- Subscribe and choose when you want this to be delivered. We will send it out and you'll never run out!
- If the birds don't like it (are they even birds?) we will give you your money back!
We donate 3% of our profits to British bird and wildlife charities in the UK including the Derbyshire Wildlife Trust